Several important chemical reactions are carried out in somewhat hazardous conditions. Examples of such reactions are as follows:
- Pressure Reactions, such as Hydrogenation, Amination, etc.
- Reactions with noxious gases.
- Manufacture of potent pharmaceuticals, such as hormones, oncology products, etc.
- Any other reactions requiring complete containment, and where there are zero leakage requirements.
In conventional reactors, the reaction mixture is agitated by an impeller connected to a rotating shaft. Necessarily, the shaft “punctures” the Reactor.
Omega-Kemix can supply Reactors with Top Entry Magnetic Seals. This sealing system comprehensively eliminates all possible leakage risks, by incorporating non-contact magnetic seals. The agitator shaft does not puncture the Reactor Vessel.
A Magnetic seal comprises of a sealed chamber (Shroud), which contains a rotating Inner Shaft, which is embedded with powerful Inner Magnets. This inner shaft is supported on Upper and Lower Bearings. These are special Bearings, capable of withstanding harsh environments present inside the Reactor. A special barrier filter prevents dust from entering the Bearing Area.
The output shaft of Motor/Gearbox assembly is locked on to an Outer Rotor, which is fitted with an Outer Magnet Assembly. When the Motor is switched on, the Outer Rotor Rotates, and magnetic flux causes the inner shaft to rotate synchronously with the Outer Rotor.
Top Entry Magnetic Seals are the safest method for sealing agitated Reactors. Their applications include High Pressure Autoclaves such as Hydrogenators, as well as Reactors used for handling sensitive or hazardous products.
Omega-Kemix manufactures a wide range of Top Entry Magnetic Seals, for use in their Reactors. These are suitable for Reactors of up to 50000 liters capacity, temperature up to 300° C, and for pressure up to 100 Bars. Reactors of higher capacities and ratings can be supplied with special designs.
- 100% Sealing. Zero leakage.
- Shaft does not puncture the Reactor.
- Long equipment life.
- Trouble-free operation.
- Zero emission of hazardous fluids.
- Minimal friction saves power.
- Suitable for pressure fluctuations.
- No maintenance required. No spares required.
- Zero downtime.
- Extremely safe.
- Cutting edge of shaft sealing technology.
- Various capacities available.
- Compact Design.
- Eliminates use of Barrier Fluids (Thermosyphon, Forced Lubrication).
- No External Contamination.
List of Countries where OKPL holds Patent for Magnetic Seal
- European Patent Office Approval
- Patent Cooperation Treaty Approval
Magnetic Seal Dimensions mm
|MOTOR H.P.||RPM RANGE||TORQUE RANGE
|APPROX D AT MAX
|APPROX H1 AT MAX
|APPROX H2 AT MAX